Rights to use Live from Earth and Mars (LEM) materials
The Live from Earth and Mars project encourages the use and adaptation of these materials for non profit, educational purposes. Some have been developed and contributed by others and retain their explicit or implicit protection unless explicitly stated otherwise. Even if they are copyright free, ethical use requires proper acknowledgements.
Permission is granted to use, reproduce and distribute LEM information for non profit, educational purposes only, subject to the following limitations:
1. All copyright notices and credits must be included in full.
2. Prior to first use of any LEM materials (excluding browsing or personal use), identify yourself and describe briefly the intended use by filling out the associated forms. This information will be used to notify you of corrections, enhancements, associated, and new materials.
3. LEM materials may be included with other works, adapted, transformed or added into new works only if those are made available under conditions stated here; in other words the same rights under which LEM materials are made available. If those works are in computer transmitted or accessable form then you must either make them publically available via the Internet, informing LEM of their locations, or provide them for possible inclusion and distribution: all developer credits will be retained. Please use the [Mailing list] form to describe the use, location, responsible contacts, links, and other pertinent information.
4. All commercial use of LEM materials is prohibited without prior written consent.
5. Use of Pathfinder meteorological data for science or other
purposes shall be credited as: James E. Tillman and Neal C. Johnson,
Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Washington;
supported by NASA IITA Program, Office of Aeronautics; in
collaboration with Pathfinder Project, NASA JPL, Office Space