Student Activity #1: Driving Blind
Responsibility: to write a report that details the workings of
every aspect of the mission. You must receive information from all teams and compile it into an understandable document.
Specialty: compiling information from many groups and writing.
- Learn the responsibilities of the other teams.
- Assist in deciding the rover mission and experiment.
- Develop an outline for the report.
- Collect (short) status reports from all teams
during the project. If you can, video tape during planning and executing
the mission and use some of the footage in your final report.
- Confer with Mission Operations on
progress of the mission.
- Collect final reports from all teams at the
conclusion of the project.
- Write a final report that combines input from all teams.
Include successes, failures, and suggestions for future missions. Indicate
whether you think the mission was successful, how you contributed to the
mission, and how your work related to the science experiment. The report
should be word-processed and printed.
- Present the final report to the class.
- Publish the report. Please copy and paste your report in the box below
and click "submit."
- Prepare a poster of your report to discuss and present to your classmates.
- Keep it simple--a few well-worded paragraphs are better than pages
- Get some information from each team regularly.
- Use the reports you get from the teams to tell a story about the mission.