Mission to Mars
Final Debriefing of Student Activities
You are now a qualified mission specialist for a future
Mars flight. But there is still much to learn about Mars in general and
landing sites in particular.
- How important is it to be able to use your senses in
- How precise do measurements need to be?
- What instruments do you recommend be included on future
unmanned probes that might give more information about what the surface
- Would rover type missions work for exploring other planets?
- Did you find a particular system that helped you increase
your accuracy as you constructed your models or collected your data?
- Is there any way to compensate for errors made in measurement?
- Some critics have said that it is too risky to send
human beings on these missions, that only robots should be sent. Do you
agree? Why or why not?
Please feel free to share your thoughts with others who
may be using the Web and participating in Live From Earth and Mars:
For more information about Mars related activities, click
on the following resources: