Cruise Stage with Fuel Tanks
- Cut out strip "a." Attach slits and glue, forming a ring.
- Fold tabs in toward the center.
- Cut out circle "b." Glue to folded tabs on strip "a."
- Place a line of glue around the edge of circle "c." Attach
- Cut out fuel tanks, parts "d" and "e," forming
a sphere. Cut slits to the center of each circle.
- Slide "d" onto "e," forming a sphere. Repeat to
make 4 fuel tanks.
- Fold tabs on "e" in opposite directions. Glue fuel tanks
to unprinted side below dotted circles. (Printed side is on the outside.
Grids represent solar panels.)
- Cut out display base strip with "Mars Pathfinder" label.
Glue on the "X," forming a ring. Display the completed model
on the ring.
© 1998 Live
from Earth and Mars, Thelma Ritchie, and Rich Edgerton