Student Activity #5
Wrap-Up Activity Suggestions
Choose at least one activity that will demonstrate
what you learned
about the "tools" of space exploration.
- Have an assembly to display and demonstrate the created vehicles.
- Display vehicles in the Library or other central location at school.
- Make reports to other classes.
- Have a program for parents.
- Students e-mail questions to JPL scientists and engineers and share
the answers they receive with the rest of the class.
- Make a large Mars scene in the classroom, incorporating the vehicles.
Write your responses on a sheet of paper.
- How did the tool designers consider differences between the Mars environment
and Earth's environment?
- How did the tool designers consider Martian obstacles, such as huge
boulders, dust storms, etc.?
- What specific standards did the tool designers meet?
- How did tool designers compare and contrast their designs with Sojourner?
- How was the time delay problem solved?